Friday, March 9, 2012

Meet Zach Hill - Youth of the Year Candidate

Zach Hill has a firm handshake, excellent eye contact and a demeanor of self assurance. I had the pleasure of meeting Zach this week to interview him as one of three candidates for the Boys & Girls Club Youth of the Year award. It will be presented Thurs., March 15 at The University of Tulsa. Zach is representing the Sand Springs Boys & Girls Club and his parents are Shelly Hill of Sapulpa and David Robinson of Tulsa. He is a senior at Sapulpa High School. He has been a Club member since he was 15 and coaches the Club’s “Minotaurs,” a boys 12-and-under basketball team at the Club.  

Zach says he wants to go into sports management. Next year, he plans to take classes at Tulsa Community College such as Humanities with the hope of transferring to OSU and majoring in Sports Management. Zach said Club’s leaders, director Greg Parker and athletic director Patrick Carey, have taught him good people management skills. 
“They have impacted me in a significant way. I’ve learned so much by just seeing the way they conduct themselves” Zach said. 
And just meeting Zach at the Sand Springs Club this week, I have to say that if all the candidates are as enthusiastic as he is, I think the judges are going to have a hard time making a decision. I'm glad I'm not on that judges' panel!

-Sallie

No comments:

Post a Comment