Friday, October 12, 2012

So long, for now

Friends,
Just as we started to rev up for our incredibly busy Christmas season, I got some bad news. I’ve been diagnosed with restrictive lung disease. It’s not life threatening or painful, but it saps my energy and we all know a lot of energy is needed to celebrate a Salvation Army Christmas. I am taking a three-month medical leave to get some rest and also to work a rehabilitative therapy program to build up my stamina. I hope to be back on the job as your blogger and media contact on January 7. In the mean time, I’ll be writing about my experiences on my personal blog, so we won’t get too out of touch. I'm trying to keep my sense of humor about this as you can tell from the photo at left. I was bored with waiting for a test on my heart and decided to "model" my hospital gown. I don't think the Auxiliary ladies are going to ask me to model it at their spectacular Christmas luncheon, do you?


Please feel free to leave comments on my personal blog or email me. I think writing blog posts is just like exercise – I have to do it most of the week or I get out of shape. My blogging boss Lindsay and teammates Carrie, Vicki and Jenny will keep you up to date with all the news of the holiday season on this site. I will miss seeing some friends whom I only see at Christmas, but you are in good hands with the rest of the team at The Salvation Army. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and see you in 2013!
 

-Sallie





No comments:

Post a Comment