Thursday, September 15, 2011

Meet the blogger - Lindsay

Hi everyone! I'm Lindsay Sparks, Development and eMarketing Director for The Salvation Army here in Tulsa. What the heck does that mean? I edit and post everything you see on our blog, Twitter and Facebook. I also am responsible for overseeing the development team here in Tulsa, that includes: PR Director-Sallie, Volunteer Coordinator-Rhonda, Fundraising Director-Carrie, Donor Assistant-Ann and Grants Manager-Rosemary. We are a very busy energetic team!

My past jobs have all been in the non-profit sector except for a short stint working for the State of Oklahoma, which is technically non-profit but with a different tax status and bigger budget. I LOVE what I do for a living, no doubt. My path began at OSU where I graduated with a degree in Journalism with an emphasis on Public Relations from the School of Media and Strategic Communications.  I started doing PR, I transitioned into marketing and eventually found myself fundraising. I ended up with The Salvation Army in 2009 after a devastating layoff from another non-profit. I never thought that such a hard time could turn into an amazing opportunity but it did!


So what do I do for fun? If it is summer and I'm not working you can find me at the lake. The rest of the time I'm probably running around with my book club or hanging out with my cat at home. I love to play on Pinterest, read great books, enjoy my friends and family and my all-time favorite thing is traveling. That's a little about me, nice to meet you! 


~Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment